The Ball Brothers Foundation, established in 1926, is restricted by its charter to grants to nonprofit institutions and organizations within Indiana.
The five Ball brothers moved to Muncie, Indiana over 100 years ago to relocate their glass manufacturing business. They settled their families, prospered in business, and began participating in a variety of community activities.
The Foundation, an independent, private, family philanthropic organization, is an outgrowth of the five brothers business successes, as well as the successes of their descendents. The family's enterprises and dedicated efforts to improve the quality of life within Indiana form the basis of the Foundation's motto, "Building community since 1926."