Company NameRoanoke - Blacksburg Technology Council
Dates EmployedSep 2007 – Jul 2012
Employment Duration4 yrs 11 mos
Manage all aspects of the organization with a mission to serve and promote the region’s technology community. Report directly to the Board of Directors. Changed many aspects of the organization’s operations to streamline or add value for our members.
• Grew membership 50% in a 3 year period.
• More than doubled attendance at our monthly events to more than 120 and set attendance records for our annual flagship events as well. Hosted or moderated events featuring Eric Schmidt, Mark Warner, Aneesh Chopra, Bob Metcalfe, Graham Weston, and others.
• Built strong relationships throughout the community including CEO’s and other VIP’s.
• Positioned the RBTC as a connection point for capital, talent, and resources for tech companies and entrepreneurs in the region.
• Spearheaded the effort to change the name of the organization and led the rebranding process.
• Led multiple initiatives to raise the profile of the region as an emerging tech hub to aid local companies’ efforts in recruitment of technical talent.
• Launched and managed peer forums to allow small tech firms to connect and share best practices.
• Served as advocate and ambassador for the region’s tech community to government officials, media, and those looking to relocate to the region. Public and media relations. See less