Engineering and applied sciences at Harvard have a long and distinguished history, beginning with the creation of the Lawrence Scientific School in 1847 (named for donor Abbott Lawrence). During the 19th and 20th centuries, the structure to support faculty and research in engineering applied sciences underwent several reorganizations (ranging from a graduate school, department (several), and division) and names (from DEAP to DAS to DEAS). In 2007, in recognition of the growing preeminence of engineering and applied sciences, the University transitioned the former Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences into a school.
|Sun Microsystems||James Waldo|
|Vmware, Inc.||James Waldo|
|Apollo Computer||James Waldo|
|Embedded, Everywhere: A Research Agenda for Networked Systems of Embedded Computers (2001)||James Waldo|
|Project Darkstar||James Waldo|