Harvey M Meyerhoff, a chairman of the trustees of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, was born in Baltimore. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin, where he majored in real estate, in 1948. Meyerhoff and his father Joseph built a successful real estate business. As the business grew, the Meyerhoffs became prominent philanthropists and real estate leaders. Meyerhoff served as board chairman and CEO of Monumental Properties, Inc., and as president of Magna Properties, Inc. In 1984, Meyerhoff and his wife Lyn gave $5 million to Johns Hopkins, $3.7 million of which funded the Meyerhoff Center for Digestive Diseases. In 1986, Meyerhoff became chairman of the board of The Johns Hopkins Hospital and the first chairman of the Johns Hopkins Health System. He chaired Hopkins’ building committee from 1977 to 1983, a period during which the hospital underwent extensive renovation. The Meyerhoffs worked with President Ronald Reagan to obtain the land for the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum; Harvey Meyerhoff later chaired the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Council. Since 1985, he has served as director of PEC Israel Economic Corp.