Nancy Barry Munger, a philanthropist and alumna of Stanford who served for 10 years on its Board of Trustees. Munger, who was born in Los Angeles, earned a bachelor's degree in economics in 1945 from Stanford, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. By attending Stanford, Munger was following in the footsteps of her parents. David Noble Barry Jr., '20 (economics), and Emilie M. Hevener, '20 (mathematics), met as students at Stanford. Her father later worked in insurance and real estate; her mother, a California native, was a teacher. Thirty years after graduating from Stanford, Munger was elected to the university's Board of Trustees, a position she held from February 1976 to February 1986. She joined the board of overseers at the Hoover Institution at Stanford in 1982, a position she held for nearly three decades. She also served on Hoover's executive committee from 1991 through 2002. Munger and her husband, Charles T. Munger, vice chair of Berkshire Hathaway Inc., contributed to the restoration of the Bing Wing of Green Library; a rotunda on the second floor of the building bears their names. They also endowed the Nancy and Charles Munger Professorship of Business at Stanford Law School, a chair currently held by Michael Klausner. Munger, then known as Nancy Borthwick, met Charles T. Munger on a blind date. Both were divorced; both had young children. The couple wed in 1956; their blended family would eventually include eight children of hers, his and theirs. In addition to her husband of 54 years, Munger is survived by eight children, Molly Munger, Wm. Harold Borthwick, Wendy Munger, David B. Borthwick, Charles T. Munger Jr., Emilie Munger Ogden, Barry A. Munger and Philip R. Munger, and 16 grandchildren. She also is survived by her brother, David N. Barry III, and several nieces and nephews.