We are committed to ensuring that all students participating in our public education system -- regardless of background -- graduate prepared for college, careers, and life.
The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) is a nonpartisan, nationwide, nonprofit organization of public officials who head departments of elementary and secondary education in the states, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense Education Activity, the Bureau of Indian Education and the five U.S. extra-state jurisdictions.
Our work is guided by our 2017-2020 Strategic Plan and anchored in our commitment to provide an equitable education to every child. To realize this, we focus on six specific areas of work in service of chiefs, their agencies, and children across the nation:
1. Students: Implementing high expectations for each student
2. Critical student transitions: Creating multiple pathways for student success
3. Teachers: Providing high-quality instruction and educational support
4. School and district leaders: Continuously improving schools for each student
5. State leaders: Leading effective state education agencies
6. Our organization: Providing a strategic, supportive Council
Download CCSSO's Strategic Plan for 2017-2020 here.more » « less