||• Directed legislative and press operations for 57 House members on energy, environment, and climate policy.
• Advised members and staffers on pending legislation by analyzing policy proposals and developing vote recommendations; craft legislative initiatives, Floor strategy, op-eds, press releases, and talking points.
• Created Coalition’s campaign to highlight the economic costs of climate inaction.
• Led House-wide effort to remember the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Sandy.
• Authored H.R. 5635, DISclosing Aid Spent to Ensure Relief (DISASTER) Act, a bill requiring the Federal government to report how much it spends annually on disaster-related assistance.
• Advanced and promoted member priorities through regular collaboration with House committees, House leadership, Senate, White House, agencies, outside groups, and local and national reporters.
• Actively recruited and persuaded non-members to join; increased membership by 27 percent in 9 months.
• Increased Twitter presence 27 percent in 8 months.
• Coordinated regular member meetings with high profile figures; led quarterly leadership member meetings and weekly staff meetings.
• Managed Coalition budget.
• Enhanced organization through: establishing a legislative endorsement process; weekly memoranda to leadership members; organizing quarterly meetings of the leadership members; developing a resource website; and creating a shared calendar, a member recruitment document, manual for new staff, shared rolodex, and press resource list.