Lists are people and organizations that belong on a page together because they share a common thread of power, but aren't part of a formal organization. Most new lists include a number of people or organizations who are already profiled in LittleSis. You might create a list in order to:
- Bring useful lists compiled by the media or watchdog groups into LittleSis for further analysis.
- Highlight potentially important relationships that don’t fit in the relationship categories, like the guest list of a high-powered event or the visitor’ log of a government official.
- Organize a research project you’re working on in LittleSis.
Browse existing lists
to get a better sense of what kinds of lists work in LittleSis. If you’re working on a research project with other analysts, it might help to create a research group
where analysts can share findings and keep track of important lists, people, and organizations. Contact us
to create a new research group.
This tool is only available to advanced analysts.
- Search for the list of people (eg. 100 Most Influential People in US Defense) for which you want to match donation data from OpenSecrets.
- Click its name in the search results.
- Click Match related donors in the Expert Tools section of the list page.
- The name at the top is the first person on the list you’ll be matching donation data for (eg. Dr. James R Schlesinger, Nixon’s Secretary of Defense).
- The person’s LittleSis profile summary are on the left hand side and a list of donor records from OpenSecrets with the same name are on the right hand side.
||You can also see which analyst last reviewed this donation data and when. If the data has been updated in OpenSecrets since then, that date will appear highlighted in pink. |
- Check all donor records that list the same employer as the person’s LittleSis profile.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see how many more list members have possible matches.
- Click Verify and Match Another to continue with other list members or click Verify to finish.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each list member until complete.
Within a few minutes, your matches will update the list’s analysis tabs
and generate new relationships between these people and their donation recipients, displayed on the profile pages of both entities.