This research group is investigating financial elites in order to gather strategic information for the "Occupy" movement. If you haven't heard of #OccupyWallStreet, check out these sites:
Occupy Wall Street
The occupy movement is decentralized and autonomous, which means people all over the world fighting for an economy and government accountable to the public can help out in their own way. Hundreds of thousands of people are taking to the streets to highlight the injustice of a system controlled by the top 1% at the expense of the other 99%. Protesters everywhere are saying, "They got bailed out, we got sold out!" -- and our investigations on LittleSis have confirmed this grievance a hundred times over.
This research group will use LittleSis and other tools to gather strategic information about the "1%" for the occupy movement. We will collect info on financial crooks and their cronies for the 99%, financial elites that hang out on governing boards and research centers at universities so students and faculty can scrutinize their activities, and generate an updated list of top government officials who use their positions to shower big banks with bailouts and favors while demanding cutbacks for everyone else.
To occupy analysts (@bnelson, @timmunier, @coldwind, @seeker, @Layne, @virtualnomad, @immiglide, @the99percent, @christopherproject, @lellis, @BeeDeeCee, @marymad, @Fajro, @kevin:
Hello, One Percent Watchers - I'm Ben Nelson, an intern with LittleSis, writing to ask for your help compiling research for our new Confront Corporate Power A-List.
Ahead of direct actions taking place across the country this spring, we're researching the leaders of some of America's biggest, most profitable, and least responsible corporations - namely, Bank of America, Sallie Mae, Wal-Mart, Verizon, and Wells Fargo.
If you'd like to help, message me and I'll share a collaborative document where you can sign up to research one or two of these members of the top 1% of the 1%.
occupyIn case you missed this:
|kevin occupy thanks for signing up, everyone! look for an email/note from us early next week.|
|Priscilla occupyAnyone have a FREE souce for email finders.|
occupyI have been using this site for FREE international locations of addressess and phone numbers. It can also be used for the U.S. and Canada.
I seek to work with others identifying the goals and aspriations of OWS prostesters and have developed a survey tool I can share with interested parties. From this and similar tools, desired reforms can be identified
|kevin occupy @thomasmonopoly I think you're highlighting something pretty important for the occupiers to address through their various processes, though I'm not sure LittleSis.org is the right platform for it, in part because the platform is designed for investigations of 1% types, and also since we researchers are not (necessarily) occupiers...|
|Matthew The occupy team might appreciate this: Erskine B Bowles, co-chair of Obama's Fiscal Commission, is a director of Morgan Stanley and former director of Wachovia Corp. His wife is a board member of JPMorgan Chase. His office at Carousel Capital is across the street from the Bank of America Corporate Center.|
I think the first and most honorable analysis we can conduct would be to turn the magnifying glass inward and address our own financial issues. This would serve many purposes, such as showing the occupiers exactly where the over $50,000 collected so far will be going. If we pro-offer this information it will look that much better than waiting for the media to attack us over the issue. I would like to compile an itemized and detailed accounting system that will account for each dollar collected & each dollar spent. I have worked in the newspaper industry and I know that $50,000 is a lot of money for a newsletter and many people are already claiming that the funds are being abused. I think the first order of business should be to establish open accounting practices seeing as it is the major issue we are petitioning the opposing side for. Doing this proactively will prevent the right-wing media for attacking us over the issue. Think ahead and avoid conflict.
|Executives and board members of the six largest US banks|